When I was in high school I went to an early (EARLY) morning class at church before I went to school. Every Wednesday one of our teachers would bring us doughnuts just because. Because Wednesdays are the worst. Hump Day. Sucky Day. You’ve only made it halfway through the week and you still have half to go. It’s a rather depressing thought.
So consider this your box of doughnuts. There was always a blueberry one for me in there. Thanks, Sis. Haskins! Oddly enough, however, I don’t eat blueberry doughnuts anymore.
1. Today I bought shoes for Juliet and Eli. She’s more than two years older than him (they happen to be the furthest apart of any of our kids) and they both got the same size shoes. True story.
2. Catherine made dinner tonight because I was feeding Penny. She’s the best. Somewhat bossy (okay, A LOT bossy) but still the best.
3. Juliet saw a plump woman at the fabric store and said, “WHOAH, she has a big butt!”
4. We went to a local natural history museum yesterday and during one of the presentations Joseph explained to the whole group where your “seeds” and eggs are in your body. I don’t blush easily, but boy howdy let me tell you. . .
5. I think two years of homeschool has made me socially inept. The kids are fine, but somehow I don’t know how to talk to adults anymore.
6. My cute grandmother sent me a check so I could get my camera cleaned because she read here that it needed a good cleaning. Thanks, Gramma! It is working 20 times better. Maybe even 30. True story.
7. Having been a kid, I know for a fact they don’t listen much during the “grown up” meetings. But Juliet looked at me during church on Sunday and said, “I don’t want to have charity.” The people behind us were in stitches.
8. When I’ve lost all this fat my body decided to stockpile I’m going to make all of the cakes this woman has ever made. Don’t just stop on the first page. Keep going. And going. Seth and I looked through pages and pages last night and I am seriously craving a red velvet cake.
9. If you haven’t seen The King’s Speech yet, you need to see it NOW. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Is it really $200? I wish I could get $200 just for walking around the block . . .
10. Papa Murphy’s new S’mores Dessert Pizza is to die for. Trust me on this one. I don’t even like dessert pizza.
10b. It’s still cold here. I resent that greatly.